Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A great workout

Today I did something I have waited about a year to do. I checked out the local ladies running group. I read about it in a magazine, but since I work on wed and I usually have no child care, it has not worked out. It is mostly moms and mostly over 40 years old. (Just like me!!) The kids are both in camp all week and I found a sub to teach my aqua aerobics class.

The weather has been calling for storms, rain, cold, and other lovely summer time joys. I got an email saying the running group might cancel, even though they usually run in most weather. Luckily, it was drizzly, cloudy, and cool, but not pouring and no thunder. It actually was not bad running weather.

The track work out was great. I do not usually do track workouts, so this was just what I needed. I hope I will be able to switch my work days so I can join this group every week. In just over a month, my little one will be in preschool 4 days a week. I might actually get time for a life of my own!!!

No comments: