Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I AM the coach (and I love it!)

Last night was my 1st night coaching my new 5k group. About 20 ladies came and it was great. We had a mix of experienced exercisers and new beginners. We are using a track, which is really great. Since we go in circles, no one is first or last!! Plus I can see everyone.

Do to some very last minute scheduling issues, the kids tagged along. Being on the rack was great because they could go around or hang out. There were a couple of stray people on the track, but not many. It is also a very cushy soft track.

It is only an 8 week commitment, but it is a great opportunity for me.

Just today, I was offered an opportunity to mentor for team in training. I would start this sat. The big problem is, do I rejoin my old running group, also starting this sat and training for a fall 1/2 marathon, or join my running groups new tri team and train for a fall sprint triathlon (it would be my 1st).

I have to decide right away.

Think of me while I decide.

No comments: